Please download the ASSA ABLOY Entrance Systems (AAES) Warranty Policy and all supporting documents.
Warranty Service Authorization Policy
As part of ASSA ABLOY Entrance Systems continuous improvement program, and to facilitate the payment process of warranty claims, we have developed this policy for warranty service authorization. This policy and its procedures are intended to involve AAES in the initial stages of a warranty service call to provide the best support and clarify the work to be done.
Do not install, operate or service the product unless you have read and understand the safety practices, warnings, installation and maintenance instructions contained in the installation manual.
1. Upon identification of a warranty issue, the dealer must contact AAES Technical Support department prior to performing any work. AAES will issue a case number to log the call into our system. This work order will serve as authorization for the dealer to perform warranty work up to a standard amount of $500.00.
2. If, upon further review of the needed repair, the dealer believes that the service required would exceed the standard amount, the dealer must call AAES Technical Support to discuss the warranty repair. Tech Support will assist in diagnosis and resolution of the repair. After discussing the problem and assessing the service required, a Tech Support Representative will give the dealer an estimate of the number of hours authorized to perform the work. This amount will be logged into our system along with all call details.
3. Any time the dealer determines that the work required would exceed the AAES estimate, the dealer must call in to AAES Tech Support to develop a revised estimate. In the event of a dispute – where the AAES estimate differs from the dealer’s estimate of the work required – the Tech Support Representative will document the disputed amount to be reviewed by the Dealer Technical Support Manager.
4. For any emergency or after hours call, the dealer is authorized to perform an initial inspection and repairs not exceeding the $500.00 amount. It is the dealer’s responsibility to notify AAES the next business day of any work done after hours.
5. Upon completion of the warranty service, the dealer should fill out the warranty claim form documenting all required information and work performed. In addition, pictures must also be provided documenting the failure. Please email pictures to USWarranty.ADS@assaabloy.com. Please reference the case number or the door serial number in the subject line.
6. All invoices with warranty claims that are submitted within 30 days of completion of warranty service and adhere to the above requirements will be processed within 10 business days of receipt. Claims will be paid in net 45 days after claim has been processed.
7. Claims submitted 31-90 days after repair completion will be paid at 50%. Claims submitted outside this policy will be denied.